Terms and Conditions
Booking a property
- Your holiday property is firmly booked upon receipt of the booking payment.
- This payment should be made by credit card online through our Stripe payment gateway.
- When you have made the online payment, you automatically receive a confirmation email if the payment was successful.
- This confirmation email contains all your booking details and confirmation of payment.
- On your bank statement the payment details will show as a credit payment to Beyond Biarritz Ltd.
- Following on from this automatic email, we will send you a personal email with a copy of our terms and conditions, as outlined here, which you will agree to and sign and return by email.
- Shortly before your departure, you will receive an email from Beyond Biarritz indicating arrival information such as full address of property, directions and contact details of the person who will be welcoming you on site.
- You can pay by credit or debit card via the Stripe payment system. You will always receive a confirmation email to confirm that payment has been authorised. There is no charge for using a credit card.
- The full cost of the holiday will be debited.
- When the payment has been accepted you automatically agree to our terms and conditions.
- Beyond Biarritz will never use your personal information for any third party websites or companies. This information will be entered into our own personal database and for the use of Beyond Biarritz only.
- All cancellations or changes must be made via email. Cancellations or changes by phone are not accepted.
- In the event of a cancellation, the following conditions apply :
- If you cancel within 30 days of your departure date, you will not be refunded.
- If you cancel between 31 and 89 days before your arrival date, we will refund 50% of the total cost of your booking.
- If you cancel more than 90 days before your arrival date, we will refund the totality of your booking.
- In the event that the guest changes the dates or wishes to book a diffferent property through Beyond Biarritz, it will be considered a new booking and will be subject to the standard cancellation procedures.
- It is strongly recommended that clients purchase holiday cancellation insurance. Any cancellation, including force majeure, will be subject to the aforementioned cancellation policy.
- If, after receipt of the confirmation email, Friendly Rentals is unable to provide the client with the property that they booked or a property with similar or better characteristics, the client will be refunded 100% of the booking payment.
- Local tourist tax is charged in France and is paid by the owner of the property. This is included in your rental costs. There is therefore no charge to the guest.
- Shortly before your arrival, Beyond Biarritz will contact you by email with information about your arrival. At this time we will request your credit card details as a guarantee for the property and its contents for any damages incurred during your stay. Beyond Biarritz accepts small breakages such as glassware. However any significant damages or extra cleaning costs will be deducted from your credit card. We will inform you of the exact amount before any deduction is made.
Arrival and Departure
Preparation for arrival
- Please ensure that you provide us with your correct arrival time and mobile number so that we can plan your check-in. You will always be welcomed by one of our friendly team.
- Please keep the welcome person informed of your estimated time of arrival on the day and warn them of any delays if possible.
- If you arrive very late, we can make alternative arrangements for you to access your property and a welcome person will call the following day.
- Your confirmation email clearly states where you can find your contact person on the day of your arrival and gives you their personal phone number and email address.
- Your property is available from 16h30 on the day of arrival.
- In certain cases, it is possible to arrive earlier or you may wish to drop off luggage before 16h30. We will endeavour to do our utmost to make your arrival as convenient and comfortable as possible.
- If you are going to arrive after 20h local time, we will make alternative arrangements for your arrival. We will always ensure that a member of our team calls in the following morning to meet you.
- You should leave the property before 10h00 local time.
- Under exceptional circumstances, you may be able to leave later, if no guests are arriving on the same day. However this remains at our discretion and we will inform you of the likelihood of this possibility during your stay.
- On the day of your departure you should leave the property clean and tidy with all waste correctly disposed of. You are not required to strip the beds nor do a thorough clean of the property as a final clean is included in the cost of your holiday. However you must not leave washing up, nor waste at the property, including all recyclable items. A welcome information booklet at the property indicates exactly where you can dispose of all rubbish and recycling.
- Details of where you should leave keys will be explained to you by the welcome person on the day of arrival. Please ensure that you take all your belongings before leaving the property.
Number and identity of guests
- The client should inform Beyond Biarritz of the number of guests in the booking.
- Only those persons indicated in the booking made by the client may enter the property, unless an alternative agreement has been made with Beyond Biarritz.
- The number of clients using the property should not exceed the number assigned to each property. If extra guests are expected during the period of stay, Beyond Biarritz should be informed. There is no extra cost for extra guests if the total number is within the capacity of the property but Beyond Biarritz should always be informed.
- Pets are not allowed unless permission has been specifically granted.
- Should the client fail to comply with any of the aforementioned Terms and Conditions, Beyond Biarritz reserves the right to ask the client to leave the property, and the client in question can not request any form of compensation.
General conduct in the property
- Each property managed by Beyond Biarritz belongs to our property owners and is their home. We therefore expect each guest to respect the property itself and the surroundings.
- Noise regulations and respect for other residents and neighbours between 22h00 and 10h00. We would appreciate your full co-operation in this matter and we hope you understand that these rules are necessary, as our properties are either villas in quiet neighbourhoods or apartments in residences. We appreciate that you are on holiday but the neighbours might not be !
- Welcome information – each property has a welcome booklet filled with useful information on the property and the surrounding area. We update this information annually. However we are not responsible for any errors or misconduct of any of the places that we mention and recommend in the booklet. The booklet is purely for information purposes and to help you enjoy your holiday.
- Neither Beyond Biarritz nor the property owner will be held responsible for any direct or indirect damages caused to the property as a consequence of use by the client. This includes damages, insurance, loss due to fire, theft, and misconduct.
- Any damage caused during your stay must be indicated to us by phoning or emailing Marion Idiart. In the event that the client fails to comply with the aforementioned Terms and Conditions, Beyond Biarritz reserves the right to ask the client to leave the property, and the client in question can not request any form of compensation.
- All the property descriptions and information apply to the published properties. Whilst Beyond Biarritz will do everything in its power to make sure that the details are correct and as accurate as possible, Beyond Biarritz will assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may occur. Beyond Biarritz also reserves the right to change the published information on the website at any time including prices, descriptions, and photos.
- Beyond Biarritz reserves the right to update any of these Terms and Conditions at any time if it is deemed necessary, and in the interest of the company. Users are responsible for reading the Terms and Conditions outlined on this page.
- Accepting the use of this website immediately implies that they have accepted any changes that may be made by any third party, and that the third party commits to complying with these changes. These Terms and Conditions do not affect the statutory rights of the user.